Do you know which size man and van south hall to hire when you are planning to move? This is one of the critical decisions that you have to make, whether a large size van will be enough to transfer all your boxes or small size van will suffice. In this article, we are going to learn about the different types of van and which will suit your needs.
Both large and small companies utilize moving vans of different sizes, in which 1 or more men help with the loading into the van. Although the primary purpose of the van is to transport the belongings, they differ in their capacities. So if you have a 1 bedroom apartment and are looking for cheaper ways to shift the belongings than 1 van with 2 men will be a perfect choice.
When you have to relocate 4 bedrooms home, then big size vans are suitable for this purpose. There is no doubt that smaller companies are also capable of handling a large size move; however, the time related to loading and transporting will be much longer due to the small vans and less manpower.
Types of moving vans
The vans that are mostly used by the moving companies are categorized into 4 groups by size. These vans depending on their size can transfer from a full house to a small number of boxes. These are:
If you are moving to a big apartment, then a large van is the best solution. Usually, the capacity of the van is 26 or 28 m3, but it can also be used to move a 4 room apartment or a medium house.
A medium-sized van is the most commonly used for moving. It has the capacity to go from 15 to 17 m3, so this makes it ideal for several boxes and a few large pieces of furniture. It can also accommodate the contents of a small house that includes a bed, a table, and moving boxes.
The capacity of the small van usually consists of 10-15 m3. This is ideal for a few boxes and pieces of furniture. This is due to their small size these vans are best for moving only 1 room apartment or a studio.
How can a moving van benefit you?
The benefits of hiring a moving van are mentioned below in detail:
- The professional company knows the best in regards to how to safely load your belongings and deliver them safely to your destination as soon as possible. After scrutinizing the possessions, the company will identify the size of van need that will fit all the belongings.
- The expert removalists will do all the hard work for you. This includes loading and unloading of your items because it is a time consuming and tiring endeavor, and it is something that the homeowner should avoid doing themselves. So it is best to leave the heavy lifting in the hands of the professional movers, and you will have a pleasant moving experience.
- Moving vans are quick and cost-effective, and these are especially best for dealing with the smaller furniture or few boxes.
Issues To Consider On Renting A Vehicle
With the accessibility of different sized moving vans, you might consider renting a vehicle and conduct the entire move yourself. Although it appears to be the best and cheapest option at first glance, however, there are other issues to consider as well. These issues are:
- Relying on your location the time consume in picking up the van can belong, and it also includes the diesel costs. Also, if you are relocating to a new city, then you have to drive back and forth or need to find a company that offers one-way rentals, which adds to more transport costs.
- If you go for the rental, it will involve a lot of paperwork as well as the deposit in case of any damage that happens to the vehicle.
- If you drive a larger van, it can become difficult, especially if you are not trained and get to drive on the unfamiliar roads. Also, this may require you to have special licenses to operate.
- Conducting the move by yourself will considerably take a lot of time than letting the professionals do it. You will also put yourself in the risk of injuring yourself or damaging your prized possessions because of inexperience, improper loading, and insufficient protection.
- The costs of moving the van yourself will be more than hiring a man and van South hall.