Platters are perfect for parties, meetings or other gatherings. A vegan platter can be a great way to introduce your friends and family to veganism or share some delicious plant-based grub. They can include various fresh ingredients in an exciting combination. Here are some ideas for creating your platter:
Nuts are typically a good source of protein, healthy fats and nutrients. They’re high in calories, though, so don’t overdo it.
Almonds: Almonds are packed with nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium. They also contain potassium, which helps lower the risk of stroke, heart disease and osteoporosis.
Walnuts: Like almonds, walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce cholesterol levels—which means less plaque buildup inside your arteries (and more space for blood flow).
Hazelnuts: These nuts are high in monounsaturated fats (the same kind found in olive oil), which can help reduce inflammation throughout your body.
Pecans: In addition to being rich in antioxidants that protect against cancer cell growth (and potentially slow tumour growth), their high-fat content makes them a great snack choice if you’re trying to lose weight or retain a healthy weight because they’ll keep you feeling fuller longer than other nuts on this list—but don’t go overboard.
Macadamia Nuts: The highest-calorie nut on this list is one worth adding into moderation because it’s also one of the most nutrient-dense options out there.
Seeds are a great option if you want to add some crunch to your vegan platter. Here are the main ones you can use:
- Hemp seeds have a nutty flavour and are high in protein and fibre.
- Chia seeds have a mild taste and make an excellent addition to veggie burgers or salads because they soak up liquids like water or broth very quickly. They’re also reasonably low in calories for those who want to keep their food choices healthy.
- Sunflower seeds are high in protein, vitamin E and magnesium—all essential nutrients for good health. They’re also rich in zinc which helps build strong bones, along with iron, copper and manganese; it’s an essential component of many enzymes needed for cell growth and repair and hormone production.
- Pumpkin seeds have more than double the amount of fibre compared to almonds due to their outer coating, which contains large amounts of fibre called hemicellulose. It helps lower cholesterol levels since it prevents fat absorption into the bloodstream during digestion- unlike most other nuts.
Dried fruit is a great option to include in your platter. It’s delicious, healthy and easy to incorporate into your recipes. Dried fruit is high in fibre, which means it will keep you full for longer. It also contains many antioxidants that help fight off free radicals in your body and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Dried fruits like raisins, apricots and dates can be added to salads or other savoury dishes for extra flavour. Cranberries are great in desserts such as muffins, cakes or cookies.
Fresh fruit salad
A platter is a lovely way to serve food; creating one in a hurry is easy. This vegan platter will surely delight your guests with its bright colours and variety of flavours. Here are some suggestions for making sure your platter looks great and tastes delicious:
- Use a variety of fresh fruits. Bananas, strawberries and melons are just some examples—there are so many options available. Make sure they’re ripe when you buy them; otherwise, they’ll look less than attractive on your platter.
- Just like regular salads or grilled veggies (or anything else), don’t forget to add some sweetness. Choosing honey or maple syrup as your sweetener is up to personal preference. You could also try adding some lemon juice before mixing everything–it gives great flavour without too much fussing around in advance.
Hummus and guacamole are two vegan dips that you can make at home. They’re both made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen: chickpeas or avocados.
Vegan platters are so easy to make. All you need is some vegan cheese, hummus, fruit, nuts and seeds. The great thing about this dish is that it’s healthy, delicious and super easy to prepare. This recipe is perfect if you’re hosting an event or want to treat yourself to something delicious. You can purchase fresh platters from stores too.