Fitness trackers have redefined the way that we indulge in exercises. More than just a wearable, fitness trackers can calculate the number of steps you have walked, how much calories have you burnt today and ultimately, they can help you in achieving your fitness goals. Well, the sheer presence of these trackers in the market never fails to put us in the dilemma and we end up being indecisive about which one we should pick. Choosing the fitness tracker can be subjective since it depends on the individuals and their purposes. So, if you have been looking forward to getting a new tracker for yourself to achieve your fitness goals, we have made a buyer’s guide that will assist you in picking the best fitness tracker for your needs.
- Battery Life – Battery life remains one of the essential things to look at before finalizing your deals. Most of the fitness bands will be able to support you for at least 2 to 3 days. The battery life of this fitness varies depending upon the usage. So, time and time, you will have to juice up your devices. Fitbit and Garmin watches can support you for an even longer period when it comes to battery life. So, before buying any fitness tracker, you can read the reviews of the customers and know what they are saying about the battery performance.
- Goals – Now the next thing to consider is what do you want to measure your activity. Most of the fitness trackers can calculate steps, calories, distance, and activities. Those devices that come with in-built GPS are useful in calculating the distance. So, if your sole purpose is this only, you can go to any fitness band since they all offer the same basic functions. On the other hand, your activities revolve around cycling or hiking, make sure that your fitness tracker is able to capture and record the data for that specific part of your life.
- Display – Once you have decided your goals, it is now time to think about the display since all the activities will be tracked on the display of your fitness band. So, it is essential to consider what type of display you want. There are different types of display that you can pick from – color display, black and white. Remember, the color display will consume more power, so, you should keep this thing in your mind. On the other hand, if you really don’t want yourself to keep checking your wrist, you can go to “no-display” fitness band. To check the numbers, you can connect your smartphones with the fitness bands and resort to mobile when you want to check out the numbers.
- Features – What other features do you expect from the fitness tracker, apart from doing these calculations. There are many wearables that have the power to do more than this. You can take advantage of notifications, receive alerts about text messages or e-mails on the display of these fitness brands. They have the power to remind you about the appointments you have. So, definitely, if you are looking to take advantage of these features, make sure that your fitness band comes up these features.
- Design – Well, that’s subjective and shows your personal taste. Most of the fitness bands are functional and appealing. You can wear them throughout the day and yet achieve a sophisticated look. Well, if you just get bored with black strap, you can customize it by getting a new strap for a change. So, go to a fitness band that is functional as well as stylish.
So, this was our buying guide to choosing the fitness tracker. We know, sometimes, it becomes hard to take decision when you have plenty of options to choose from. This buying guide is the perfect solution to get you out of those tenterhooks. So, if you have convinced yourself to get a new device, Black Friday 2019 deals are coming where all your favorite devices will be listed on sale and you can save huge on your purchase. So, there’s nothing stopping you from your fitness goals.