Human Resource skill certifications are increasingly becoming a necessity rather than an added qualification to crack a job interview in the HR domain. The reason? Intense competition in the job market for HR roles.
In the current times, HR candidates are being judged more on the technical prowess in the HR sector compared to the actual HR skills. By technical prowess, we mean familiarity with HR tech, under which comes managing new-age HRMS, familiarity with AI and data-analytics in HR, among many such tech-inclined skills.
The question arises how to gain this technical excellence?
Answer comes in the form of professional HR certifications.
Relevance of Professional HR Certifications to HR Jobs in General
· Hiring managers globally, prefer candidates equipped with a skill-based professional certification, especially while shortlisting freshers for the advertised job role.
· Certified HR personnel are more trusted in the eyes of the higher management and recruiters as they inspire a a greater level of professionalism and seriousness towards their job duties.
· Individuals with HR-based skill certifications are seen as more knowledgeable and motivated compared to their non-certified counterparts.
· People having done an HR course, or attained a certification in the field, are reported to have created a positive impact on the financial performance of the organization.
The Buzz Around HR Certifications
However, it’s not a mandate to possess an HR certification to qualify for an HR job role, it’s the knowledge that certifications provide, people enroll in them. The the credibility of a candidate still solely lies in the two most vital factors that help finalize individuals for filling in the vacancies – 1) hands-on experience and 2) familiarity with the role and the required skills to deliver while on the job.
One can easily recognize and identify the capability differences between an individual with a 4-year college degree and a person having a hands-on internship in an HR position. Eventually, everything boils down to the skillset you possess and your readiness as a potential hr practitioner.
Large-Scale Certification Benefits
· Certification credentials are required at certain organizations as prerequisites for applying to a job role. Even having a degree in HR could not serve as a qualification to job application at a few companies.
· You supposedly take an intense examination to attain a certification in the first place. And hence, you study hard and gain knowledge in the subject which eventually trains you for a targeted job role in hr.
· Several studies have found that those who earn certifications make significantly more than the ones who don’t. The disparity increases when you move up the order in a hierarchal chain. Generally, a $10,000 pay difference is reported when professionals climb up the order in the higher management roles.
While it’s not a compulsion to enroll in a certification program to climb up the corporate ladder, or to crack a job interview, the fact still remains valid that certifications do give you an edge over others. You are considered more knowledgeable and responsible for your professional career. The least, it helps you get shortlisted for the interview invite.