There are plenty of tyres that suit the specific needs of a driver like the performance tyres. These tyres are a special type of tyres which are designed to offer the best handling and traction, especially on the dry and wet surface.
Performance tyres are unique because they have a special tread pattern, rubber compound and a few other properties that help to enhance the performance and efficiency of a vehicle. In these tyres, you may notice a large contact patch while driving that helps to stay on the road. This contact patch helps in cornering and therefore such tyres can function properly without any flaw.
Usually, the standard Tyres Loughborough struggle to give out power on the road but in case of high-performance tyres, results are better with great handling capabilities.
While purchasing performance tyres, it generally comes up with the speed ratings which means they can easily handle increased weight at high speeds. Few of the most common speed ratings found are H, V, W, Y. The tyres which come with the ratings of H and that which is up to 130mph includes only winter performance tyres. Performance tyres improve grip, handling, braking and responsiveness. Such things are very important to ensure driving is smooth and without any hassle.
How to Buy the Best Performance Tyres?
- They should meet the demands and requirements of the manufacturer.
- Every tyre must have similar speed ratings because these speed ratings are calculated according to the lab test under specific conditions although the conditions on the road may vary.
Performance tyre comes with many advantages and disadvantages-
Advantages of Performance Tyres
- Performance tyres improve traction and ensure rigid sidewalls.
- These tyres are fuel efficient which reduces engine wearing that leads to minimum maintenance cost.
- Performance tyres help to increase the responsiveness of giving the vehicle a better suspension and steering ability.
- Performance tyres lessen the overheating of a vehicle that increases the efficiency to perform better without frequent repairs.
- Performance tyres give more safety and comfort.
- They have a soft rubber compound.
- They help to give a comfortable ride in both dry and wet surface.
Disadvantages of The Performance Tyres—
- Performance tyres are sometimes rough on the roads and give a bad driving experience.
- The rim can be easily damaged since tyres are most vulnerable to damage and repair.
- They may generate unnecessary noise.
- Performance tyres may not be well suited for winters since the groove and tread pattern are different.
- Performance tyres are costly as compared to other standard tyres.
Apart from the performance tyres, other Dunlop tyres Loughborough can be used concerning the weather and atmosphere. Like the winter tyres for a colder climate, normal or summer tyres for the hot season, and all year round tyres which can work throughout the year irrespective of the weather. Other types of tyres are known as part- worn tyres which are new types of tyre available in the market. These tyres are used and sold again for reselling. They are very economical and quality-oriented.