Are you insecure because of the shape of your nose? If yes then this article is just for you. In recent times trend of facial cosmetic surgery has increased and Rhinoplasty is the most popular one. There are many companies and clinics which claim to best Rhinoplasty in Montreal.
Rhinoplasty or commonly called a nose job is a plastic surgery procedure to change the shape or functioning of the nose. Through this surgery, you can resolve nasal injuries, birth defects or problems related to breathing. Rhinoplasty is basically of two types, reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery. Reconstructive plastic surgery improves form and functioning of the nose, and Cosmetic plastic surgery improves the appearance of the nose.
Now the next question is who should get a nose job? Getting a nose job is a personal choice; if you feel insecure and less confident because of the shape of your nose, then you should probably go for the surgery. If you are having breathing problems, then consult your surgeon, and if he or she recommends nose job, then you should get the procedure done.
Image Source: Pinterest
If you are positive about getting a nose job then here are a few things you should keep in mind before the procedure:
- Firstly the most important thing is choosing the right surgeon. Go to a well-renowned surgeon who has years of experience.
- Schedule a meeting with your surgeon and provide your whole medical history and also discuss the expectations you are seeking from the procedure. Usually, Rhinoplasty is not advised for teens, and they are asked to wait until their nose is fully developed.
- Rhinoplasty is a complicated procedure so take at least 2 weeks to break before the procedure to prepare yourself mentally and physically.
- Provide all the details about the medication you take as few medications like aspirin may increase bleeding.
- If you are a smoker, then quit smoking because smoking decreases the pace of healing process and also it might cause infection. Also, avoid alcohol as it can lead to excessive bleeding during surgery.
Image Source: Pinterest
After the surgery there are a few precautions which should be kept in mind:
- Avoid doing rigorous work like gyming and exercising for at least two weeks. Athletic activities can be started after 3 weeks, and contact sports can be persuaded after at least 6 weeks.
- Avoid taking a shower as it will drench the cast of the nose. You can take a bath but just make sure your nose remains dry.
- Avoid blowing your nose as tissues are still sensitive and sniffing or blowing will damage the recovering tissues.
- Smoking and drinking should be avoided for at least 3 weeks after surgery.
- Wear clothes which fasten in front, avoid wearing t-shirts.
- Swelling and stiffness in the nose are common in initial weeks so be ready for it.
- In case of any discomfort contact your surgeon immediately.
Though patients are allowed to return to work after 3-4 weeks, full recovery may take a year. If patients are not satisfied; clinics provide the choice of follow-up Rhinoplasty in Montreal.